1. Makeup Remover: Even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn’t stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it directly to the face as an oil cleanser, or let it sit on your skin with a cotton pad. Makeup will melt away.
2. Breath Freshener: Coconut oil has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. Gargling for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil (oil pulling) can help clear up germs in the mouth, leading to fresher breath, whiter teeth, and healthier gums.
3. Body Moisturizer: Sweet-smelling coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, making it an effective moisturizer.
4. Face Moisturizer: Just as you can use it on your body, you can use coconut oil on your face to moisturize your skin. It’s particularly effective as a primer to soften the skin before applying makeup. It’ll give you a glowy look after you apply your foundation.
5. Lip Balm: Coconut oil is the ideal remedy for chapped lips. Pack a bit in a miniature jar and smooth over lips throughout the day.
6. Undereye Cream: Don’t want to spend the extra money on eye cream? Use a dab of coconut oil on undereye bags and fine lines.
7. Body Scrub: Mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful of coarse salt or sugar to create an exfoliator. The moisturizing oil will last long after the grains have melted away.
8. Massage Oil: Warm coconut oil in the microwave and add a few drops of an essential oil, like lavender or peppermint, for a soothing massage mix.
9. Shaving Cream: Who said shaving cream has to lather? Use coconut oil and shea butter as a base to get a closer shave that leaves legs smooth instead of dried out. You can add a little aloe vera gel (for its healing properties) and a few drops of essential oil for extra benefit.
10. Dandruff Treatment: Dandruff and dry scalp go hand in hand. To send moisture right to the roots with a nightly coconut oil treatment. Just apply lightly to roots and massage in, which will also stimulate hair growth.
11. Body Oil: Why purchase a separate body oil when you can keep coconut oil near the bath? Just slather it on wet skin after the shower, then pat dry. You’ll smell like a beach vacation all day. Plus, it has a natural SPF 4.
12. Deep Conditioner: You can use hot coconut oil as a pre-shampoo treatment to soothe dry hair before you shampoo and condition. Leave in for at least an hour for an allover moisturizing treatment.
13. Leave-in Conditioner: Hydrate dry hair by using coconut oil as a leave-in conditioner. Apply a small amount to wet strands to seal in moisture.
14. Cuticle Oil: Got cracked cuticles? Another one of the beauty uses for coconut oil is cuticle oil. Remedy peeling skin with a coconut oil balm right at the base of nails. It can also help your manicure last longer.
15. Eyelash Growth Serum: Thanks to the many fatty acids found in coconut oil, it makes for an excellent base for creating a DIY eyelash growth serum. The coconut oil can help to stimulate growth and lead to longer lashes. Combine a tablespoon of coconut oil with one drop of lemon essential oil and one drop of lavender oil. Apply the mixture to your lash line each night with a Q-tip and dab away any excess moisture with a tissue.